- New website launched by the folk at Cool Camping
- Over 800 special spaces to enjoy the outdoors, throughout the UK and Europe
- Offering the largest and most diverse glamping collection yet
- Glampers can search availability and book instantly online
- Cool Camping statistics already show huge potential for glamping growth this year
Glampingly has launched, a new website which brings together the largest dedicated collection of glamping accommodation yet in the UK, along with a host of luxury stays in France and Europe. Choose from a floating lakeside ‘houseboat’ in Pembrokeshire, a shepherd’s hut tucked away in a secluded Devon dell, or a chic geo-dome among 15 acres of private Shropshire woodland with its own Scandinavian hot tub.
The website, which opens for bookings today, is the glamorous younger sister of Cool Camping, the brand that, over the last 10 years, has made sleeping under canvas ‘cool’ again through its hand-picked collection of unique places to camp featured in a series of best-selling guidebooks and online.
Cool Camping has always promoted glamping as part of its collection even before ‘glamping’ was even in the dictionary! But its popularity has grown at such a pace in recent years that a separate and dedicated online home became the essential next step and the perfect way to really showcase this increasingly sophisticated and diverse range of accommodation options.
Glampingly.co.uk offers a choice of over 800 glamping options, mainly in the UK as well as around 120 choices in France and Spain. All properties can be instantly booked online, with powerful searches available to help users find their perfect glamping destination, be it a hot tub hideaway or a waterside retreat.
Founder of Glampingly and Cool Camping Jonathan Knight commented, “Glamping is now appealing to a much wider market. It is no longer just the ‘tenters’ being tempted to upgrade to more comfy digs. More and more of us are now considering glamping as an alternative to a hotel, cottage or B&B stay. It offers the immersive access to nature that has always appealed but without having to compromise on those all-important luxuries”
“For example looking at the statistics from Cool Camping bookings for glamping in France have increased three-fold this year alone; whilst overall glamping bookings are already up by 50%. Interestingly the highest increases have been for our ever-popular Bell Tents and what we call our ‘Quirky Collection’, both more than doubling booking revenues, but the trend is across the board: Yurts up 65%, Pods up 50% and Shepherds Huts up 45%.
This just shows how popular glamping is set to continue to be as it has grown from a small niche a few years ago to become a recognised category of accommodation in its own right! We will be scouring every woodland dell, lakeside and coastal hooks and crannies to bring you the very latest openings from this innovative industry,” added Knight.
As well as unique, individual properties, Glampingly also includes choices that are perfect for families and friends travelling together. Peaks and Pods in North Yorkshire, allows groups of up to 20 to take over their luxury pods, featuring indoor and outdoor cooking facilities, comfy memory foam beds, wood-fired pizza ovens and bikes to borrow, while Dorset’s Caalm Camp can accommodate up to 40 folks across its seven family-sized yurts on the edge of the Cranborne Chase AONB.
The collection includes:
- Unique accommodation; from fairy-tale treehouses and converted jet planes to floating cabins and luxury horseboxes with hotel facilities
- Close to 40 places to stay a short walk from the sea
- Over 100 dog-friendly stays where the pooch can come along too.
All accommodation has to approved by the Glampingly team to be featured, with criteria including:
- High quality accommodation and an outdoors experience
- Beds provided in all accommodation
- Bedding provided, in most cases*
- Cooking facilities provided- no need to pack pots, pans etc
- En-suite or shared bathroom facilities.